Digital Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing – Which is Right for Your Business?
The concept of Digital Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing would be confusing few people. Both kinds of marketing can help your business. But you have to know which one to choose that may bring in more traction and good results. Once you read this article, you will understand digital and traditional marketing with its pros and cons. Then you will be able to decide what kind of marketing strategy is suitable for your business.
What is Digital Marketing?
The marketing which you do in the digital medium via the Internet is called digital marketing. There are many ways to execute digital marketing such as through professional website development, social media marketing, search engine marketing, affiliate marketing, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) , Content Marketing, email marketing, online stores, video marketing, etc. Let us now see the advantages and disadvantages of digital marketing.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
The various advantages you get via digital marketing are as follows,
- Digital marketing is customer focused and you get to connect with the customers directly.
- Digital marketing has a global reach and you can market your business worldwide.
- This is a cost-effective and easy way of marketing.
- Two-way communication between you and the customer is possible which makes grievance redressals easy.
- High conversion rates and cost per conversion are less.
- You can easily track the reach of digital marketing.
- The results of digital marketing can be measured using analytics.
- You can personalize marketing strategies with different advertisements targeting different customers.
- More targeted approach with various optimization strategies.
- Return on Investment (ROI) is high.
- Monitoring digital marketing is easy and you can find out the results. You can monitor digital marketing via pageviews, clicks, subscribers, visitors, scrolling time, session length, likes, page ranks, etc.
Disadvantages of Digital Marketing
Though digital marketing has a lot of advantages, there are also some cons to digital marketing. The disadvantages of digital marketing are as follows.
- You need to learn more and keep updating on the new trends.
- Social media posts become irrelevant the next day or maybe in a week. You need to keep updating your strategies according to the new trends and you should be consistently posting.
What is Traditional Marketing?
The marketing strategies that were followed before digital marketing came into existence come under traditional marketing. The marketing that is done via different mediums like newspapers, magazines, radio, television, catalogues, flyers, trade shows, business and industrial events, etc is called traditional marketing.
Broadcasting, telemarketing, door-to-door sales, print advertising, referral marketing and networking are some of the traditional marketing strategies that are followed. Now let us see the pros and cons of traditional marketing.
Advantages of Traditional Marketing
The advantages of digital marketing are as follows.
- Traditional marketing targets mostly local customers. Traditional marketing is the one that helps you a lot to build a large local audience for your business.
- Optimization options are limited and you spend less on optimizing the Ad campaigns when compared to digital marketing.
- Traditional marketing still has some potential target audience
- Some people still read newspapers such as the people who prepare for UPSC and state exams. To target such audiences traditional marketing helps a lot.
Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing
Some disadvantages of traditional marketing are as follows,
- Traditional marketing requires high costs and small companies face it difficult to invest in them.
- Less reach and target. It cannot give a global reach like digital marketing.
- Less engagement.
- Conversion is slow and the cost per conversion can increase.
- Cannot compete with bigger competitors as it needs more investment.
- Return on investment is low.
- It takes much effort to monitor traditional marketing.
- Traditional marketing is mostly a one-way communication and you cannot reach the customers directly as it is possible in digital marketing.
What type of marketing is right for my business?
To choose whether digital marketing or traditional marketing suits your business, first, you should be clear about your business and target audience. You should know about the buyers’ persona and understand in which place your customers are concentrated.
In a general opinion, new generation people can be easily targeted via digital marketing strategies whereas few people still can be easily targeted via traditional marketing. So, your business will decide which kind of marketing will help you.
In this present digital era, it is essential that every business needs a digital presence. Customers believe in a business or brand when they have a proper digital presence. To know about a business, what the customers first do is search about a specific business on Google and they like to know about it. But all businesses need not follow traditional marketing. Only some businesses need to concentrate on traditional marketing.
There are some businesses in which both kinds of marketing strategies have to be followed. For example, take a private hospital that is present in a semi-urban area. The locality is surrounded by IT professionals on one side and villages on the other side. In such cases, the hospital should concentrate on both types of marketing because to reach the IT professionals digital marketing methods helps the most whereas to reach the village people traditional marketing methods gives good results.
Why do you think digital marketing is better than traditional marketing?
Digital marketing has more advantages when compared to traditional marketing in this digital era. But according to your business and target audience, the relevance and importance of digital marketing differ. So, as a business owner, you should understand which type of marketing suits well for your business. If both traditional and digital marketing is needed to market your business then you should adopt both.
Who can help you to understand which type of marketing suits your business?
As a business owner if you find it difficult to find which kind of marketing suits your business then you can get the help of marketing consulting services and business consulting services. They can help you to find which marketing strategy suits your business well and can strategize the execution of marketing.
Finding a best digital marketing company in India that can be trusted is difficult. We, the Repute Digital Agency provide one of the best traditional marketing and digital marketing services.
We start providing our marketing services to our clients only after complete market research for our client’s business and products. Then we decide whether traditional marketing or digital marketing works out. Sometimes we execute both types of marketing. It all depends on the business of our clients. This differs for each and every client. We customize marketing strategies for every client.
To avail of our Repute marketing services contact us via phone at 0422 498 0307 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org